Privacy notice customer feedback privacy
Birmingham Airport is collecting your personal data. When we collect personal data, we are obliged legally to provide you with certain information, it is called the “Right to be Informed”. That information is contained in the below Notice. If any of the information we provide to you is not clear enough, there are contact details for Birmingham Airports Data Protection Officer further down this Notice, please do not hesitate to make contact and ask for further information.
- Why we need it - the purpose of processing
- We will collect either your email address or your postal address, whichever you provide to us, in order to respond to your feedback. We will only collect this personal information from you, should you wish to receive feedback.
- Why we’re allowed to process your personal information in this way – the legal basis
- Article 6 condition – Legitimate Interests
- Who we will share your personal information with?
- Your information will only be shared with the customer experience team within Birmingham Airport.
- Where your personal information will be stored or transferred to
- Your personal information will be stored on the airport's servers which are located in the UK.
- How long we will keep your personal information for
- Your personal information will be kept for the length of time it takes the Airport to respond to your feedback. After this point your personal information will be securely deleted. Due to this, we confirm that we will only hold your personal information, at the longest, for 1 month after we have responded to your feedback.
- Your rights
- You are entitled to request the following from Birmingham Airport. These are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on Birmingham Airports website about each of these and what they mean to you. You can find this information by going to birminghamairport.co.uk/dataprotection
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling
Right to object
The right to object is particularly important if we are processing your information under the conditions of a “public task”, or “legitimate interests”, and you can check that information above in section 2. These are because these conditions must be based on not overriding your rights and freedoms against our purposes for using your personal information. If we are using your personal information on these grounds and you wish to object, please contact us on [email protected]
If you have any questions or wish to contact us and ask us to look at your rights at any time, please contact Birmingham Airports Data Protection Officer, Kristie Marshman, on the below details.
Data Protection Officer
Birmingham Airport Limited
Email: [email protected]
- If you are unhappy with the way in which we use your personal information
- If you are unhappy with the way in which Birmingham Airport has used your personal information and you have already been in contact with us (on the above details) and feel we did not resolve your issues to your satisfaction, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (The UK’s Data Protection Regulator), the details are below. However, the Information Commissioner does prefer that you have contacted Birmingham Airport first with your concerns before you then take those concerns to the Regulator.
Information Commissioners Office
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113 for local rate calls or 01625 545745 for the national rate
- Is your personal data being processed because of a regulatory or contractual requirement?
- Are we using automated decision making or profiling with regards to your personal data?