We have introduced extra measures to ensure your journey is as safe as possible.
COVID-19 Updates and Advice
Help Us Help You
We look forward to welcoming you back to Birmingham Airport soon. Over the last few months we've been working hard implementing the necessary control measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 and to ensure your journey through the airport is as safe as possible.
Early in the crisis, we implemented a number of measures including social distancing, hand sanitiser units, additional signage and physical barriers.
As we now prepare for your return, we are introducing a number of further health and safety measures meaning your journey through the airport will be different to what you're used to. Our video below shows what you can expect to see when you travel through Birmingham Airport now.
- All our airport colleagues will be wearing face coverings in the terminal building and shields are in place to reduce the risk of face-to-face contact for both our customers and colleagues. In security areas, where social distancing can take place, our colleagues will have periods of time where face coverings are not worn.
- An enhanced cleaning regime including the use of the most advanced disinfectant spraying method has been implemented throughout the terminal.
- Please do not visit the airport if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have a high temperature.
There are five key things we would like you to do as you travel through the airport to help protect our customers and airport colleagues. When you visit the airport you will see these are clearly displayed throughout your journey too.
- Wash your hands well and often with soap and water or use hand sanitisers provided
- Wear face coverings throughout the airport
- Use floor markings to adhere to social distancing when you're at the airport
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard the used tissue
- Make contact-less payments where possible, pre-book services before you travel, and check-in online with your airline
Please follow our guidance so we can work to control the virus and help to keep you safe in all areas of the airport.
DfT and FCDO Advice
Please note, from 5 November to 2 December 2020, travelling away from home, including internationally, is restricted from England except in limited circumstances such as for work or for education. Find the latest guidance here.
Test to Release - International Travel
Birmingham Airport has welcomed today’s announcement by the Government that passengers arriving into England from the 15th December can reduce the quarantine period from non-exempt countries by taking a private Covid-19 test. If a test taken on day five after arrival proves negative, passengers can unlock themselves early from the 14 day quarantine. This means that customers can now book with confidence for the festive season and make plans for their 2021 holidays and business trips without quarantine concerns on their return. Find out more here.